18/03/2013

Rainbows & Fairytales #Folksy

Seeking inspiration I looked at the Folksy front page first. Rainbows were on display, one of my favourite things, so I lingered. I was tempted to do a rainbow blog even though I have done them before. Then my eye was drawn to the first picture you`ll see, it was titled Rainbow Fairy Kitten. As I looked through I kept thinking about that and thought what about Rainbows and Fairies?
I looked for fairies next and found quite a few so the blog seemed set.
I decided to do all the rainbow crafts first and as I went through I made the decision to have other mythical creatures too. So it became rainbows, fairies, unicorns and dragons, which is of course too long for a title really. Hence the rainbow and fairy tales.
Yesterday being a wet and miserable day I decided it was time to squeeze in some crafting. Somehow I`ve had very little time for it lately as I seem to be doing so much online stuff.
I had a sort out of quite a few things that needed doing, things that needed finishing, putting some out for photos to be done etc. Then it was needle felting.
I finally finished off the cottage I had been working on. It`s not quite how I had envisioned it, so I will sell that one off at a cheaper rate and begin another. Although it looks so pretty that if it doesn`t go the first day I will very likely keep it myself. I also finished a picture I had been working on, so that was a job well done.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

Looking at the frosty morn
waiting for the colours of dawn.
A tree silhouetted against the sky
two birds sitting very high.
A still and silent world outside
dressed in white like a bride.
No wind blowing, no gentle breeze
just this pure white freeze.
Slowly the world gets lighter
and the horizon much brighter
as the sun begins to show it`s face
and once more begins the new days race.
Rising up, arcing through the day
racing toward night and the end of play.
The warmth of the day will fade
as the moon comes up and starts to wade
through a sky still so light
eventually glowing against the night!!


SHOP NAME 1
Quernus Crafts.
SHOP NAME 4
The Playdough Factory.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Cheerymishmash. Phoenix Forge.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Daves Woodcraft. Willofibre.
SHOP NAME 4
 The Dizzy Magpies.
SHOP NAME 6
Yarn & Craft.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Prim`n`Pretty. Glassbobbery.


Hope you enjoyed today`s beautiful display of rainbows and fairytale creations from the crafter`s of Folksy.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

1 comment:

  1. So glad the wee Rainbow Fairy Kittens inspired such a beautiful poem, and equally beautiful selections :) Many thanks!
    Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete