13/02/2013

Easter #WowWednesday

A quick look on Wow Thank You had me deciding to go for Easter. They have an Easter section with lot`s of relevant crafts on the Front page as well as ones for Valentines and Mothers Day.
At first I thought it seemed a bit early until I realised that it`s only about 5 or 6 weeks or so away. Actually quite scarily close.
All of these points in the calender seem to have become major occasions in the last few years. Easter was just for the children and they had chocolate eggs, end of story. But now with health conciousness a gift is bought instead of chocolate. Although it often seems now that many have both. It`s not just for the children any more either. Cards are sent, homes are decorated, parties are organised and egg hunts arranged. It`s a time for family and friends to get together to slow down and spend time enjoying each others company away from the manic rush of daily life.
A couple of days ago my new sewing machine arrived and yesterday I got the chance to use it. I had been sewing my needle cases by hand, for me, a long and laborious job, that I kept putting off because I am not keen on sewing. In the meantime I had been continuing to create felt pictures large and small to turn into sewing cases and matching pincushions. I have quite a lot now so it was nice to start actually sewing them and enjoyable that they were done so much faster. There is hand sewing to do in the finishing off but that`s okay, I don`t mind that, then they can go on a sale. Yay!! A good reason for me to continue to make more.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

Easter is coming, it`s not far away.
Hopefully there will be the odd spring day.
End of March can still be quite chill
and no amount of wishing will
make milder weather come into play
not if winters decided to stay.
Mother Nature she likes to tease,
really doesn`t care to please
anyone, just does as she feels
turning the seasons like giant wheels.
Sometimes they go forward, sometimes back
very occasionally they seem to lack
any direction from anyone at all
no one is driving to make the call.
Maybe I`m wrong but that`s how it seems
and seasons are only things in my dreams.
I`m dreaming of longer hours of daylight
and hopefully a summer that`s bright!!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
KandyKrave. Daffodil Days.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Purple Glaze Pottery. Smallthings.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Biscuit Village. Carolee Crafts.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Kate Murray Soft Toys. Cottage Soap Company.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
ALL FIRED UP. Sprinkles Sparkles.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Blossom Crafts. LittleBirdHouse.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Cocoa & Heart. PaulinesCrafts.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
The Ruby Range. MinXtures.

Hope you enjoyed today`s delectable display of Easter creations from the crafter`s of Wow Thank You.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for displaying my Easter bag Linda and good luck with your sewing machine mine are on constantly and would be lost without them, have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. I`m enjoying how much quicker it is than hand sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely Easter things Linda.
    Sounds like you are enjoying your new sewing machine.

    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete