28/11/2012

Buttons & Bows #WowWednesday

Change of pace again today, I thought we`d have buttons and bows. I put them into the search on Wow Thank You and came up trumps, lot`s of delectable goodies for you.
For a week or two now everything has been overtly Christmassy, so while any of these would make lovely gifts they aren`t all festive colours and sparkles.
I have noticed in the last few months that buttons are very popular whether they are an addition too or making the actual item. Bows are popular but I don`t think they have ever really gone out of fashion.
Mind you saying that has made me think a bit, not a pretty sight. I do think that lot`s of things are being made prettier with ribbons and bows and buttons. Several years back everything seemed plainer and more serviceable. It`s like everything though, it all comes back round again. All fashions are recycled.

I`ve been hunting for white felt for the last couple of weeks without success. Shops I normally go to had run out and promised to have more the following week and another said within a couple of weeks. No such luck. Yesterday morning I tried to phone a shop to find out if they had finally got some in. An hour later I gave up and went anyway in the pouring rain. Not impressed. 5 staff, no customers and they hadn`t bothered to answer the phone. Normally they are very helpful but yesterday I felt like an intruder and couldn`t wait to leave.
I prefer to use small independant shops when I can but have to say it did put me off that one.
In the end I went to Hobbycraft and got their last metre of white felt and I have to say that their staff are usually very helpful.
So I was a happy bunny despite the pouring rain.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

It should be a full moon tonight
but will we get to see it`s light?
The clouds are dark and dense
the winds power quite immense.
A brief glimpse, shining bright,
then it`s gone back to darkest night.
The plants are no longer thriving
not with the way nature`s driving.
We are on a collision course
against nature`s mighty force.
The winter has really set in
and we mortals cannot win.
So we get on with it and live a life
ignoring all of nature`s strife.
Nothing keeps us down for long
because we are all strong.
We live, learn and love together
regardless of any weather.
We have survived all the rest
and we`ll get past this latest test!!

SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Imagine Design Create. Hill Farm Crafts.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Eccentric Ella. Thimble & Bobbin.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Mrs Gibson. Silent Companions.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
HippoTree. Random Button.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Chandler`s Country Gifts. Tasha`s Creations.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Created In Cloth. Merudu.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Jaylex. ChicnTrendy.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Handmade By Tamara Jayne. Jellybean Jewellery.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Love Lottie Textiles & Furnishings. MysticMoon.

Hope you enjoyed today`s delectable display of creations from the crafters of Wow Thank You.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring my bear! He's enjoying all the attention! :)

    ReplyDelete