28/10/2012

Optimists Spectacular #Folksy

Haven`t done a blog for the daily listers on Folksy for a while, so I thought that today we would have a look at what`s on offer.
I had a browse through the last few days and in the shops to pick out some of my favourites. Hope you like them as much as I do.
You can tell that Christmas is getting closer as the sales have really picked up now for many of the shops. Lot`s of people are getting into high gear for present buying, either that or treating themselves. It`s great to see so many suporting the small businesses and buying handmade. Makes sense too, as you get a great good quality item for a good price, that you won`t see anywhere else.
Not to mention that it`s a lot less hassle than trekking round the shops and waiting in long queues. That`s certainly a big attraction for me.
Yesterday I was at work, watching the sky constantly turning dark, seeing alternating rain and hail with the odd bit of sleet mixed in and boy was it cold.
Today I shall be busy crafting, hopefully sewing together some more needle books. Well two anyway, as I have two felted pictures finished. One of the two previously listed needle case pictures is already on it`s way to a new home, so I decided I ought to get a couple more made up as the needle felted pictures are ready.
If it`s bright enough I shall take a few more pictures of new creations. Managed to get a whole load done on Friday and was very pleased with my efforts.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!
Woke to a cold and chilly dawn,
very low temperatures this morn.
Winter has very quickly appeared
too quickly and as bad as I feared.
I`m hearing much talk of snow
too much too soon, what a blow.
Looks like the winter will be hard and long
Starting so early, it`s just wrong.
Don`t mind bright days of frost
trying not too count the cost.
Heating on, needing it now
as to nature we must bow.
She`s flexed her muscles quite a bit
seems to have had a seasonal fit.
Too many grey days of late
while I sit here and wait
in the hope of a nice surprise
in the shape of a sunset or sunrise.
I miss seeing the morning show
or the colours of the evening glow.
A few clear skies would be just great,
hope I don`t have too long to wait!!

SHOP NAME 1
Adien Crafts.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Creative Treasures. Midnight Star Designs.
SHOP NAME 5
Handmade by Edwina.
SHOP NAME 1
Girl of the Sixties.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Eccentric Ella. Whimsy Woo Designs.
SHOP NAME 5
Ann Chandler Originals.
SHOP NAME 2
 Dottery Pottery.
SHOP NAME 4
 Clarkie Designs.



Hope you enjoyed todays gorgeous array of creations from the daily listers on Folksy.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, first class selection, Linda. It is wonderful that folk are so uniquely creative. Love your new needle felted cases. Thank you for including my diary cover in your selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the many different creations too Edwina. It always amazes me how innovative they, are always coming up with something new. Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some beautiful cards and jewellery in your selection of gifts today Linda. Cards and jewellery are not crafts I have ever been tempted to try, but greatly admire those who do them.
    Natalie's Three Wise Kings are very clever.

    A lovely winter poem.

    Thank you for including my Kindle cover.

    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely selection, love those little ceramic stockings so cute!. Thak you for including my card too. Max xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely selection Linda! Such variety too!
    Many thaks for including my new baby card,
    Emma (Clarkie Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely diverse collection, just goes to show you can probably find whatever you want handcrafted on Folksy. Many thanks for including my Robin card.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely selection and another fantastic poem Linda, you are indeed a lady of many talents!

    Thank you so much for including my Three Kings, had such fun making them, took me back to my childhood, which was a VERY long time ago, LOL!

    Loving all your featured items, totally agree that there is such a wonderful array of handmade goodies on Folksy, something for everyone!

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic selection Linda, loving those 3 wise men.
    Enjoyed your poem as always.
    Thank you for including my Choker
    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely selection, too hard to choose a favourite:)

    liz

    crow cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for commenting, glad you liked the poem and my selections. They are all fabulous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda as usual your poetry is just breathtaking, your support likewise is amazing, thank you so much for taking the time to feature my bracelet, its so much appreciated, you really are a star x

    Colleen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another brilliant poem and a lovely selection of crafty goodies. Thankyou for including my pendant.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete