19/09/2012

Halloween #WowWednesday

Well the spookytastic time is creeping nearer. Do you celebrate halloween, have a party? Do you have children and do they trick or treat?
My grandchildren used to just go to family members, now the older ones go a bit further afield. Where I live people tend to put something in the window or on the doorstep etc to show they are willing to take part. I have a glowing pumpkin, battery operated, that I put in my window. Once all the goodies are gone, then I take it out and we don`t get any more knocks at the door.
I must admit though that I do love taking part. Pretending to be scared and see the little faces light up, putting handfuls of treats in their bags and buckets/cauldrons. We get older children too, teenagers and they are just there for the fun too. The older grandchildren`s friends will be out and about in groups too and usually come knocking.
It`s nice when a community pulls together to make such times fun for the kids in safety.
Yesterday..... hmmm... What did I do? Shopping with my eldest daughter and youngest grandson for a while. Computer stuff, watched the rain pour down every now and again and then later in the day managed to get stuck in and get a few more listings on Wow Thank you. I got a whole load of photos edited, so I was very pleased with that. Sorted through all my stock to make sure everything was listed and discovered what wasn`t listed anywhere. So what started as an umproductive day turned into a very productive day.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!
Thought we`d look at Halloween.
Are these the spookiest you`ve seen?
A little scary can give a thrill
even as the children fill
their little buckets and bags
until it all bulges and sags.
Trick or treating can be great fun
with lot`s of goodies when they`re done.
Parties, decorated to the hilt
with no sign of shiny Gilt.
Oranges and blacks abound
making it look spooky all around.
Cobwebs trailing in strands
a spider sitting where it lands.
Bunting hung, high and low.
What is that unearthly glow?
Witches and wizards I see
I don`t think they scare me.
Ghouls and the odd ghost
are really making the most
of this one night of the year
when they have nothing to fear.
Laughter rings out a few screams.
Is all really as it seems???

SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
ODE, Jolyon Yates. Pauline`s Passions.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Hannahbella. Lottie nottie.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Because of Annie. Handmade with Love.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Daisy Chain Gifts. Bucket and Spade Designs.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Handcrafted by Picto. Cheeky Creations.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Hannahbella. The Cosy Daisy.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
ZukieStyle. Hand Crafted Love.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Twisted Trinkets. The Wax Worx.
Hope you enjoyed todays spooktacular display of Halloween creations from the crafters of Wow Thank You.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

1 comment:

  1. What a great selection, there are some brilliant items out there this year.
    Thank you Linda for showing my Plaque along with all the other spookiness.
    It sounds like you had a busy day yesterday, how you have time to pen a great verse as well I don't know.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete