14/09/2012

Gifts 4 Kids #FolksyFriday

Thinking about doing my Folksy Friday and what to show on here I had a look at the front page. There I spotted a section on Gifts for children and had a look through. Bingo, that was me decided. Not sure if I`ve ever done a blog with childrens gift ideas but if not then today is a first. Sometimes I think to myself that I`ll never find anything different but there is such a huge variety of handmade things available that I always manage to.
I`m always interested in seeing what`s on offer for children having four grandchildren with a range of ages. I look out for crafty things to do with them, especially the young ones. Although my 15 year old grandaughter loved the needle felting kit I bought for myself. She had a go herself and was hooked, said she wanted her own as did the friend she had with her. Just shows that crafts can capture a childs imagination at any age.
I looked after my 4 year old grandson yesterday and to my surprise, not, he wanted to go on the bus to the city. So we had a little wander and he decided he would like lunch there. After that we had a rummage in the pound shop and came home. One totally happy little boy.
In the evening my eldest grandson popped round to do my ironing and earn himself some extra pocket money. While he was ironing and I was busy on the computer we had a great chat that continued after he finished. He is interested in such a wide variety of subjects that it`s great conversation.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!
Thought I`d do a little ditty
about going on the bus to the city.
I think it was a bit behind
the giveaway`s the queue I find.
He drove off before the last one sat
the customer didn`t think much of that.
Muttering, he should wait till I sit down
aiming at the driver a great big frown.
He hurtled along at speed, then had to brake,
the next stop wasn`t far, for goodness sake.
He tried to hurry them all along,
wasn`t their fault, it was wrong.
Off we went, swaying from side to side
passengers sliding, what a ride.
The later he was, the more that got on
moving so slowly, one by one.
When we arrived many knuckles were white,
a few pale faces, some wanting a fight.
The elderly got off as fast as they could,
passengers not waiting politely as they should.
We`ve all been on a bus that`s late
before getting on, comtemplate your fate!
SHOP NAME 2
. Simt Projects.
SHOP NAME 4
 Babaloola.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Lootybag. Sew Cool Creation.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Merry Berry and the Little Panda. With Hugs and Kisses.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
GabrielleJustine. The Rocking Sheep Company.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
IwishIwasa.. Srdesigns.
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Littlenestbox. Lilac Elephant.
SHOP NAME 4
 Betsy`s Shed.
Hope you enjoyed todays wonderful variety of gift ideas for children from the creative crafters on Folksy.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Adore the rocking sheep!!!!!

    So lovely!

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s gorgeous I agree. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind the kids, I like that butterfly mobile
    : )

    ReplyDelete