01/07/2012

Whales to Inspire #Etsy

Can`t believe that`s another month gone. 1st of July today, what happened to the first 6 months of the year....Arrrggghhhh. Time is rushing away too quick.
Having seen lot`s of different whales in treasuries it inspired me to do one myself so I could put it on here. I find whales inspiring, as do many people. There is just something wonderful about these majestic creatures.
A few facts about whales:
Whales breathe air into lungs,
Whales have hair (although they have a lot less than land mammals, and have almost none as adults),
Whales are warm-blooded (they maintain a high body temperature),
Whales have mammary glands with which they nourish their young,
Whales have a four-chambered heart.
Now some of these I knew but some I didn`t, like the one about hair. That one really surprised me.
Yesterday I was at work so was indoors rather than enjoying the beautiful weather, it`s still nice to see it though. I did some crocheting lunchtime, I`m working on some fingerless mitts at the minute in a stitch I made up, rather fun. I do love trying out new things. I just think to myself, what would happen if I did this and then I try it. If it works great, if not I try something else. I`m sure they are probably stitches others have tried and used but not using patterns I find it fun to try things for myself.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

Whale song can be heard for miles
they seem to have big smiles.
They like to travel together
sailing along whatever the weather.
They breathe air just like us
live their lives without fuss.
Their numbers are growing less
don`t want then to die out, I confess.
Why do they hunt the whale?
Is it worth it for a sale?
All creatures should live in peace.
I wish it worked better for those that police
the seas to try and save them all,
these hunters are riding for a fall.
I know for some it`s a livelihood
but can killing ever be good?
We should all coexist as one
before some species are gone
forever because that would be bad
and for future generations, very sad.
I`ve seen dolphins, but never a whale
I`m sure the sight wouldn`t ever grow stale.
To see a great pod sailing by
would certainly give me a high!!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
DIY Fluffies. TheGolfingDolphin.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Full Spectrum Clothing. Prints So Charming.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Wilson Graphics. Ekofabrik.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
RainingSugar. Dimdimini.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Petit Collage. Berkshire Bowls.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Lil` Burritos. Wall Stickz.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Love Felt Creations. Kimoley.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
GnomeSweetGnome. Bonzai Gifts.

Hope you enjoyed todays display of majestic whales. Do have a browse through the shops if you get the chance as they all have more fabulous creations for you to see.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment