14/06/2012

Winning Treasury! #Etsy

Displayed for you today is the winning treasury in the Craftyfolk Treasury competition.
I was lucky enough to be chosen for this, or rather my shop was.
I had to choose an item from my shop to put on the competition thread and then people could have a go at creating a treasury around that item.
I have to admit that I didn`t really think it through, mainly because I was really surprised at being chosen. I did change my mind a couple of times but then added the pink glass covers. Only after the first treasury did it occur to me that maybe it would be a bit limiting.
I shouldn`t have doubted though. The range of themes and the variety of treasuries amazed me. Then of course they were all so good and I loved all of them.
Yesterday I had to make a choice. I wondered whether to do it on views but that seemed a bit unfair as those that did theirs early would have more than those that had only managed to do them in the last day or two.
So in the end I decided to line them all up and keep clicking through them and gradually trying to reduce the amount.
There were 23 treasuries to choose between.
The first few passes through them all didn`t go well, I still had them all. Have to be ruthless, I told myself. A few more passes and all still there. One though was beginning to emerge as a favourite... well actually there were a few. So those I kept clicking between until one stood out more than the others. I had a winner. Phew. But then what of these others?
I kept going, whittling them down until finally there was a runner up. If asked, I couldn`t really say why these two stood out more than others, they just did. I suppose it comes down to personal taste in the end.
It took me a good hour and a half to make the choices.
Relieved I put them on the thread and then when they appeared and I read it I realised I had no idea who the curator of each treasury was. Ooops!!
Then I had to go back and find out.
I had already decided to put the winning treasury on here, but then decided as I was busy choosing, that I would add two items from the Curators shop too.
The winner was Flo of Flo Nightingales. http://www.etsy.com/shop/flonightingales
In her Bio, Flo says she just `bungs things on`. I beg to differ, as anyone who sees her beautiful creations would too. Her jewellery is beautiful, unusual and unique. It is her artistic eye that makes all the difference and I for one love to see it. Each piece is so different so.... so.... gorgeous. I think she is very good at creating beautiful pieces of jewellery and clearly a lot of people agree and love her work too.
If you go for a peek and see something you like, you`d best get it while it`s still there.
Thank you Flo for making such a beautiful treasury.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

Wow, a competition just for me
I was lucky to be chosen, you see.
Each and every one I did treasure
but by what yardstick would I measure
and choose who would win.
The line between each was thin.
It was personal choice of course
tough, but in the end I had to force
myself to whittle them down
and it caused many a frown.
Seeing them all appear was fun
and exciting, till the week was done.
I faffed and flicked and huffed
went through again and puffed.
Oh dear, oh dear which to choose,
maybe it could be done on views?
No that wouldn`t be fair
and I had to choose a pair.
In the end I loved this the best
although it was all quite a test.
Now Flo has to do the same
in this treasury comp game!!


SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Both by Flo Nightingales.
"Pink makes the boys wink.."
SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
GreatGreenDreams. Oh My Honey.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Janine Basil. Gimme that Thing.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Love Baby Grand. Tom Bland Photography Prints.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
LaurasJewellery. Swoon.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
FingerPricks. SeriouslySassyStuff.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Perfect Imperfections. VaVa Silk Bow Ties.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
MadamoiselleCoCo. LinocutBoy.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
AmorousCatsAttic. Miss Bohemia.

Hope you enjoyed todays gorgeous array of fabulous creations from the sellers of Etsy.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

6 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous Linda and I don't know how you chose either. Well done Flo, it was a beautiful treasury :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Linda, it was such fun making the treasury around your fabulous covers - and you're right, they were all amazing!

    Thank you for making me the winner, I agonised over my item for this week's challenge too… and I'm sure I will over the decision just a you did!

    Have a great day :)
    Flo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of amazing treasuries - I'm not surprised you found it hard to choose just one :-) Flo's treasury (and her shop) are amazing! Thanks for featuring my keepsake box too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Flo, and thanks for featuring my hand knit shrug too, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the lovely comments, glad you liked it. The treasury was amazing, as were all the others. Thank you to you all.

    ReplyDelete