20/06/2012

Owls #WowWednesday

How about a Wow Wednesday today? Didn`t do one last week so I thought it would be a nice change today. I was going to add whatever took my fancy but I changed my mind.
Once there I saw a featured section on Owls and they looked so cute that I thought I would do Owls for a change. I`m fairly sure I have had Owls as a theme but not from Wow Thank You website and I think it may have been a while ago anyway.
All these crafters have lots more wonderful creations in their shops so do pop along and have a browse. It`s a great site with fabulous shops!
Yesterday we had a hint of what summer could be like. Sunshine lots of blue sky and warmth while the sun was out. Apparently though it`s for two days only, today being the second day.
I made the most of it being nice and went into the city. You`ll probably, not, be surprised to discover that I bought some yarn. Ooops. One I did need as I was partway through a hat when I ran out. It was a gorgeous marbled yarn in fabulous purple shades. I did make a beret that got bought the moment it was finished. I made some wristies or fingerless gloves in it too and made a start on another hat but ran out. So you can see that I did need it. Perhaps not so the two other colours I bought that were very enticing. I did manage to restarin myself from buying more though, which I think was quite heroic. I also suggested they not get any more new shades in that particular yarn, but they just laughed. Very likely rubbed their hands with glee too as soon as I was gone as I buy so much of it.
The verse was one I wrote on holiday towards the end, we were homeward bound and hit rough seas. I thought it would be a change to include it today.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

Some were scared, others queasy
others not bothered, some just uneasy.
A great big swell of sea
growing right in front of me.
Filling the window, then falling away,
not a sight you see every day.
A big wave slaps the window
people jumping with each blow.
worried looks or exhilaration on faces
as this ship is put through it`s paces.
Each huge great dip and trough
show that the sea is rough.
Big white caps froth and foam
as over the sea we roam.
This great ship dips and rises
for smooth sailing today, no prizes.
Sea and sky the same slate grey
as we slowly make our way
homeward finally and at last,
our holiday soon to be in the past!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Uniquely Different Bags. Perfect Patchwork.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Blue Forest Jewellery. Hooties.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Kozmic Dreams. Sparrow Primitives.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Pipdesigns. DK Crystal Designs.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Bella Bobbin. Quirky Boots.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
AdoraBelle. ZukieStyle.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
PhotoFairytales. Elibee Gifts.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Love Lottie Textiles & Furnishings. Wiv Wuv.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Stitching Dreams. Lionheart Stationers.

Hope you enjoyed todays wonderful flock of Owls from the great crafters on Wow thank You.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

6 comments:

  1. Owls! You gotta love owls...
    Brilliant collection today, Linda :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for including my owl!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love owls. You have chosen a lovely selection of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An entire parliament, lol! Great selection. :)

    Rosie. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you all enjoyed them. Thank you very much for the comments.

    ReplyDelete