03/06/2012

Jubilee Weekend #Etsy

Well, just had to do it, seeing as it`s the long Jubilee weekend. If you are fed up with red, white and blue, not to mention Union Jacks, then don`t look further than the verse. Although I have to say that there are many gorgeous crafts here. These are all from Uk Sellers here today which they aren`t always when I go scouting around Etsy.
I hope you are all having a good weekend whatever you are doing and are enjoying having and extra Bank Holiday. I know there are many that still have to work and to you all, my commiserations. It`s no fun working while everyone is out and about enjoying themselves or even glued to the television if you like to watch the festivities around the country.
I was at work yesterday and you`ll be surprised to know that I was doing crochet before work and at lunchtime too. I didn`t do any in the evening because we went out for a drink to the local pub with my younger daughter and her husband. That was a nice surprise. A very nice start to the weekend. Well it was the start of my weekend as I was at work.
Two Bank Holiday`s is great and it`s nice to be off for them. I expect I shal get lot`s of creating done not to mention updating sjhops and websites.
Hmmm.... looking at that it seems I shall be busy. Updating shops and adding new items is time consuming, so it could be that I won`t get quite so much crafting done. I`ll just have to see.
The rhyme is one I wrote on holiday after a visit to a volcano.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

Black porous rock as far as I can see
a truly alien landscape to me.
I can see it now, as it erupts,
imagine the way it flows and corrupts
the landscape making it change and grow
with each eruption and lava flow.
It`s crunching and moving underfoot
have to be very careful where we put
our feet, because the ground falls away
don`t want to break any bones today.
I stand well back affected with vertigo
nevertheless I enjoy the show.
The breathtaking view on display,
even though my feet feel like clay.
Clouds tumble in and around
and suddenly there is no ground.
Standing so high, they look like the sea
an amazing sight as we stand and Be.
Like whitecapped waves the clouds wallow
as everything below, it sails over to swallow.
Up here time seems to stand still
scary yet glorious, giving such a thrill!!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
MADMUM KNITS. Bijouxboutique.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
SpinningStreak. Grace`s Favours.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Harlech Cottage Crafts. Bluedaisyglass.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
SQUIRREL CRAFTS. VeeDubz.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Dorotheasdesign. Eastwitching.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Michelle`s Handcrafted Jewellery. Little Joobie Boo.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Angel Ramblings. Cariad Clay.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Sugarushuk. Iloveyoujewels.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
JulieDeeleyJewellery. KIMM SMITH.

Hope you enjoyed todays wonderful patriotic display for the Jubilee weekend. Do pop along to the shops for a browse to see all their other wonderful creations.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection! Does make me feel slightly patriotic....only slightly mind ;)
    Have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete