23/05/2012

Jubilee Fun! #WowWednesday

I suddenly realised that I haven`t done a Wow Wednesday blog for a while. So not only is this a Wow Thank You Blog, but it is a Jubilee themed blog too.
Sixty years is a big achievement and really something to celebrate. Right now I think that`s just what the country needs, a bit of pomp and circumstance to lift us out of the doldrums. There will be lots of parades and street parties, a flotilla of boats parading up the Thames and I expect each local area will have special events going on. So one and all should have a good time, especially with the extra Bank Holiday.
I have suddenly realised how close it is all getting. How come this year is whizzing by so fast, where has it gone? Another month and it will be the longest day. After that the daylight starts shrinking again. Aaargh!!
Wouldn`t mind so much if we`d even started to have a summer. Here we had some sun yesterday, but it was so windy too and the wind had a bit of a bite to it. Not yet what I call summer. There have been rumours though... of... a ...HEATWAVE!! Woo Hoo!! Let`s hope we don`t wait all year for it.
I`ve been making a Jubilee brooch and some shoe clips too, both in the shabby chic style. They are of course red, white and blue. They are flowers made from organze and beaded in the middle. Very pretty if I do say so myself. Not everyone wants to go all out with the colours, many like something a little more understated. They still want to be patriotic and join in but in a smaller way, which I can very well understand. Brooches and shoe clips are ideal for that.
After my weekend away I was busy catching up with housework as well as all my computer work. I had a visit from my youngest grandson and at lunchtime I popped in to visit them on my way back from the shop. Then to my delight my eldest grandson came to do my ironing, earning money for him and no ironing for me. Result all round!!
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

It`s almost time for the Jubilee
there will be so much to see.
Parades, parties and dancing,
many folk will be prancing,
along the streeets and everywhere
uncaring of those that stare.
It`s what we do best, a celebration
especially one that`s for the Nation.
There`ll be reams of bunting looking pretty
brightening every village and city.
Pretty lights strung out too
looking great for us to view.
Lots of memories for the years to come,
so many beautiful things that will sum
up this amazing time in history
memorabilia that uncovers the mystery.
Be sure to get yours soon
even if it`s only a spoon.
It really doesn`t take much to remind
you of such a special time, I find.
Whatever you do have lots of fun
until the celebrations are done!!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
ZukieStyle. Crafts from the Heath.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Jellibabies. Handmade by Zenia.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Biscuit Village. FELTastic Accessories.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Daffodil Days Ltd. Hippywitch Crafts.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Mary Jane Creations. Elibee Gifts.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Tickly Spider. Monkeys from Heaven.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Laura Lee Designs. Lock Stock Boutique.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Kookie Baby Gifts. Careish.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
PinkyMinky`s Shop. Uniquely Yours.

Hope you enjoyed todays wonderful display of patriotic crafts created for those taking part in the celebrations.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for sharing my Union Jack pendants. I have shared your blog on my Facebook page. :)

    ReplyDelete