08/05/2012

Feeling Foxy #Etsy

This blog was inspired by a treasury I did for Rachel owner of the Shop of the Week from the Craft Britannia team on Etsy.
Each week they have a new Shop of the Week and people go along to the shop and promote items as well as doing treasuries and blogs etc. It is a lovely idea and gives the chosen shop extra exposure for that week.
The Crafty Folk team also do a Shop of the Week and I had done a treasury the other day for MysticSpiritShop, which I why I suddenly thought of Craft Britannia`s Shop of the Week.
Having taken the time to do the treasury I thought I would put all the items on here for you all to see. I think it just makes a nice change.
Lets see now, what did I do yesterday? I finished a beret and almost another hat. I had an enquiry about a beret that had been sold. I think it was the pattern crocheted on it that was the main attraction besides the yarn. I explained that I couldn`t get anymore of that yarn at the moment and said I would make a few hats in different yarns to see if any of them would do. So I have been busily crocheting away... as if I need an excuse.
Yesterday started out bright and sunny, blue sky, the whole lot. It only lasted a few hours and in came the cloud. It did stay dry until the afternoon and then it poured down, just for a change.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

As crafty as a Fox they say
but I think it`s just their way.
They move on silent feet
never missing a single beat.
Through the undergrowth they slide
almost seeming to glide.
Hunting with speed and stealth
that means much more than wealth.
Their habitat is shrinking
even as we are blinking.
Countryside is vanishing fast
how much longer will it last?
Under the the human onslaught
of building where they didn`t ought.
Woods and trees just disappear
until there`s nothing left, I fear.
Where will the fox go then?
Where will he build his den?
As he scavenges in the city
he no longer looks so pretty.
Coat all dull, so very thin
as he hunts for food in a bin.
They all belong in the countryside,
where they have room to run and hide!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
FlyingCheeseToastie. Pepika.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
BrooklynLoveDesigns. Eastwitching.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Up from the Ashes. Prochaska Gallery.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Felted Fantasies. Outspoken Jewelry.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
PeanutButterDynamite. Lovbelittlemuse.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
JenniferLadd. BHB Kidstyle.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Em&Sprout. Moon Raven Designs.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
UrbanOwls. Adorablykawaii.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Hen and Chick. The Beaded Pillow.

Hope you enjoyed todays gorgeous array of foxy creations from the wonderful crafters on Etsy.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

7 comments:

  1. super article, lovely idea and a great treasury

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my item and great picks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for featuring my Dapper Fox clutch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW the beaded pillow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all very much.
    The beaded pillow is gorgeous, I agree, but then they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post - love all your foxy finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw The Fox and The Hound for sale on video earlier, I really wish I still had a video player. :) Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete