30/05/2012

Crafty Creations #WowWednesday

Think we`ll have another Wow Wednesday today. Not sure about a theme or maybe I`ll just add whatever takes my fancy.
I had a look on Wow Thank You, several themes did present themselves but I decided to have a wander and browse instead. I just fancied being random today and adding whatever I fancied that wasn`t to a particular theme.
I did find some wonderful creations as you will see.
These are all handmade crafts as the site is determined to stay handmade and British.
Well I listed my potholders I made yesterday and they were gone quickly. I popped them in the post. I finished a hat I was making. Well the hat was made a week ago but needed ribbon on it. I wanted it to be patriotic colours, so the hat is white and the ribbons threaded through it are blue and red. I know the Jubilee is a bit close but lots of people like to show their support for the British Olympic teams by wearing the colours.
Well it looks pretty anyway. I listed it yesterday on Etsy after I finished it.
I have started making something new I had an idea for but for now I will not say much about it. I have so many ideas buzzing in my head at the minute it`s no wonder I`m not sleeping very well. Perhaps I should take my own advice and write them down. One day I might be stuck for an idea for something to make, although I have to say that it seems unlikely. But you never know. Perhaps writing them down will get them out of my head at the very least so they don`t go spinning round in my brain when I am trying to sleep.
Anyway, I think I have probably waffled enough for today so I had better think of a rhyme. Although... I did write a few when I was on holiday... maybe I should look them out, it would make a change.
Yep found them. I wrote this verse sitting on a boat as we travelled to a local winery.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

Bright coloured buildings on either side
covering the banks of this river, wide.
The Duomo river in Oporto glistens
as each person in this boat listens
to the guide revealing each mystery
and telling us of it`s history.
Great bridges span and straddle
the size and height enough to addle
the mind as we watch each tiny car
and lorry speeding on as they go far.
The bright sun in the blue sky
so warming and glorious as we fly
along to a local winery
shame we aren`t in our finery.
We`re off to test the local Port wine,
full bodied and tasty, so very fine.
Now I see long beaches of golden sand
more peaceful than this morning`s noisy band.
So much that is alien and wrong
and yet so right, it should be a song.
A landscape so different, wonderful and good
encompassing all that a holiday should!!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Sugar Design. Love Lottie Textiles & Furnishings.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Tickly Spider. Mary Jane Creations.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Perfect Patchwork. Dottery Pottery.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Jennyrosemann. The Wax Worx.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Imagine Design Create. Penny`s Personalised Plates.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Emporium Candles. Elibee Gifts.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Just Pottering. Pagan Glass.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Handmade With Love. Scrapbookerry.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
MissLucyLu. Uniquely Yours.

Hope you enjoyed todays wonderful display of crafts from the lovely sellers on WoW Thank You.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment