01/05/2012

Connections and Crafts.

Good morning to you all. I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. The weather was great, blue sky and sunshine too, just amazing. After work I had a birthday meal with my daughters and grandchildren, opened more pressies and cards too. Sublime. Cuddles and hugs are definitely the best part though.
All of this made me think of Connections. We all make connections every day. Some we are aware of and others we make unknowingly.
The unknowing ones are the smile at a stranger or having a few words in passing. While we don`t give it another thought, to that person it could be a lifeline. You might be the only person they spoke to all day and lets face it, we all need human interaction.
We exchange ideas, talk about the weather, especially here in the UK, catch up on news with family and friends or chat about what we`ve seen on the TV or in magazines. Well I could go on, but you get the picture.
I seem to be digressing a bit here.....
It led me to thinking about the way my life has changed so much in the last few years. I had health challenges which made some major changes but then when that was over I lost my Dad. We had a very close connection that didn`t need daily or even weekly interaction to stay that way.
It sounds strange, but I am strange, but his death led me here to where I am today. Selling my creations online and doing this blog, daily making new and more connections across the world.
So now I have a wonderful life that is very fulfilling, being creative which I love and can do freely without guilt because I then sell them.
Funny isn`t it how we tend to feel guilty for doing things that we enjoy and need to find a reason for it. Why can`t we just do them anyway for the sheer enjoyment?
Nowt so odd as folk!!
The verse are two that I put on facebook yesterday to commemorate my birthday.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

I may be another day older
but I am getting bolder.
I do more now than ever before
and no longer need and encore.
What I do, I do for me
cos` this is my time you see.
I step outside my comfort zone
even got a nice new phone.
Technology is not so tough
just got to treat it rough.
Age is about how you feel
it really isn`t a big deal!


I`m getting older day by day
but I still have fun and play.
It isn`t about the years
but smiling through the tears.
It`s making memories that are good
just the way that you should.
Most of all it`s loving life
regardless of all the strife.
Today is special for me
because it`s my birthday you see!!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
KarenCaseySmith. Soulful Connections.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Fashion In The Forest. EarthlySpirits.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Barenest. Quilted by Karen.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Big Bad Buddha. SinceIveBeenLovinU.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Pumpkin Beans. Fired Up Ladies Hammer.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Sara Na Lua. Aselfportrait.

Hope you enjoyed todays crafts. I put Connections into the Etsy search engine and these are a small sample of the crafts that came up.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

2 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful, positive post. You must be an inspiration to your family and friends, showing them that life can be more joyful and fulfilling all the time. Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to say, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete