27/05/2012

Colours of Summer #Etsy

Now who would have thought that these two shades, Aqua and Orange, would look so good together. They not only look good, they really seem to complement each other and have a real look of summer.
I got the idea from seeing a treasury that had these colours in and it struck me how summery they all looked. Reminiscent of sun and blue sky I suppose, although in that case I suppose the colour should be yellow not orange.
Well anyway, I think it looks summery. Perhaps these should be this seasons colours, or maybe they are and I haven`t noticed. I don`t really keep up with what`s fashionable, I tend to go for things I like in colours I like rather than what`s supposed to be the latest trend.
I would say that it`s my age, except I have always been like that. I would rather be different than follow a trend.
Yesterday I was at work, slaving away inside with the occasional glance at the sunshine. I have to say though that even being at work I would rather it was sunny as everyone is so much more cheerful.
I have just finished some pot holders. I managed to find some silver grey marl effect cotton and some yellow cotton too. I had been asked about pot holders in these colours a long while ago but could not find any cotton yarn in them. I looked everywhere at the time but came up blank. Typical of course. Whichever colours you really want are never there.
Anyway as I had found the colours I thought I would use them to make pot holders and see how they looked. Although the cotton was double knit I still used two strands together for extra thickness and then made two layers for extra insulation. There is nothing worse than taking something out of the oven and feeling the heat coming through rapidly before you get the chance to put it down. So many of the mass produced ones just aren`t thick enough.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

The sun came out. Is it here to stay?
I`d like to keep it for another day.
The sky is such a glorious blue
I could stare forever at the view.
The green of the leaves seems so bright,
all in all, a glorious sight.
The colours of summer make me sigh,
I never want to wave it bye bye.
The flowers make a splash of colour
winter is always so much duller.
Walking barefoot on the beach sand
feeling the heat where my feet land.
The blue sky echoed in a sparkling sea
all of this will do for me.
The gulls wheel and soar
as they screech and caw.
Children laugh as they run and play
enjoying this glorious day.
The sea and the warmth of the sun,
I never want summer to be done.
Inevitably though the circle will turn,
but for now I`ll enjoy summers burn!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
ZOOmeez. Mahogany Blue Design.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Apple Creek Crafts. Toil and Trouble.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Uneek Glass Fusions. Mi Casa Bella.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Crown of Rue. Broken Fingers Art.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Pinara Design. Good Fabric Store.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
HadarBerman. Jarck101.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Pkfairaday. OopsIKnitItAgain.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Wonder Lane Art. Moon Orchid Motifs.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
HappyFamily. Artyscapes.

Hope you enjoyed todays gorgeous array of summery looking creations, crafted for you by the creative sellers on Etsy.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely bright and cheery selection of items. I love Aqua and Orange together.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the feature! I am clearly biased, but I love these two colors together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aqua and orange are such cheerful summer colors. I too am weak to its charm!!! Thank you for featuring my whale print!

    ReplyDelete