07/04/2012

Jubilant Jubilee #WowThankYou.

I decided that with all the majot events this year I would show crafts related to these momentous occasions. Namely the Olympics and the Jubilee. I know that we aren`t allowed to use the official titles of these events but I think some patriotic fervour is a good thing. It`s nice for people to be proud of their roots and their country and want to show it.
I am proud to be British and I hope that every reader is as proud of their own country.
I`ve seen some gorgeous crafts that are British flag colours and meant to honour the events to come. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.
Yesterday was my youngest daughters birthday. We had a chat and I sang Happy Birthday to her on the phone and decided that lunch out would be nice.
Before that happened I once more went in search of watercolour card for my painting. Just couldn`t find what I was looking for, it`s most frustrating. I like painting on that card. Well I think it`s watercolour paper on card to stiffen it but I no longer seem to be able to find it. Funny how you get used to a certain type of thing and don`t want to change, or maybe that`s just me.
I don`t like things I`m used to, changing. Like this blog. Blogger have said it is all changing this month and that`s not good, I may have to move it somewhere else if the changes are too radical.
Then there`s facebook.... My business page has changed and I don`t like it at all. Why do they have to mess with something that`s perfectly fine. I liked the old layout and find the new one messy and disjointed. Every time I look at it I get annoyed all over again. I think we should at the very least have a choice on whether to change or not.
Oooopss. I have run on rather. See it`s all that change business, it`s just wrong. Well for some things it`s good.... maybe.....
Anyway, I`ll stop ranting and do a rhyme.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

There it hangs in the sky
already heading up high.
The moon is already full
exerting that mysterious pull.
It`s the stuff of romance
making folk want to dance.
So many people have the urge to rhyme
ever since the start of time.
Seeing that big silver ball
looking as though it ought to fall.
Seeming to rise from the ground
glowing white, big and round.
So close, I can almost see
the mountains, all shadowy.
A full moon is a wondrous thing
almost makes me want to sing.
It makes some feel like a loon
and they tend to bay at the moon.
I`ll just stand and gaze awhile
because it always makes me smile.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Precious Handmade Jewellery. Laura Lee Designs.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Daffodil Days Ltd. Sparrow Primitives.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Jacqueline Jones. The Trading Barn.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
ZukieStyle. Miss Nova Designs.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Biscuit Village. Quirky Boots.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Dart Designs. Molly Moo and Jessica Too.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Truly for You. The Mosaic Garden.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Finnspirations. Carolee Crafts.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Free Spirit Designs. Daisy Chain Gifts.

Hope you enjoyed todays gorgeous array of patriotic crafts for this years momentous events. All from the fabulous crafters on Wow Thank You.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the showcase Linda some wonderful patriotic gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely Brit themed items!

    Thanks so much for including my cushion Linda, and for your full moon poem which is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about being spoilt for choice! What a lovely collection, Linda. Thank you so much for including our Union flag :) I love the little dog with his cute bandana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous crafts and look great together too.
    Thank for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring my Union Jack bandana, this little chap actually lives in the States, his owner ordered this from me a couple of weeks back, he wore it to represent the UK during his agility!

    x

    ReplyDelete