29/02/2012

Spring is Sprung #WowWednesday

Thought I would have spring as a theme today on this Wow Wednesday. I shall investigate and see what I can find on the Wow Thank You site that reminds me of spring.
I found lots of delectable goodies. Things for the garden, or that go in the garden, that always makes me think of spring. Crafts with flowers on or containing the colour yellow which is reminiscent of daffodils another spring reminder. I think everyone is fed up with winter now and any thoughts of spring are a welcome change I feel. I hope you enjoy the crafts I selected and that they make you feel uplifted too.
Yesterday I sat with the two youngest grandchildren while my daughter walked the dog. The 5 year old wasn`t at school as he is unwell with a hacking cough. He is normally so lively that it`s unusual to see him lying down and remaining in one place. I had lots of cuddles which is a great bonus.
I also made a shepherds pie ready for tomorrow when three of them are coming here whilst their parents take the 13 year old to his tubing party with his friends. The other three I shall feed when I return from work and then take them home and put the youngest two to bed.
Didn`t really get that much else done I have to say, some crocheting in the evening. I have almost finished a pair of lacy fingerless mitts in a very pretty yarn. A dark blue with a lurex thread running through it that makes it shimmer so prettily. Nice for a special occasion or an evening out. I shall make a wrap in the same yarn. Which reminds me that I meant to take a picture of the one I made for myself to show you. I will get round to it.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

Spring is sprung, the grass is grown,
don`t let your equilibrium be thrown.
Don`t let the sun go to your head
as you entertain thoughts of getting wed.
Not got that far just yet?
With Spring here, no need to fret.
The sap is rising in one and all
as everything hear`s Nature`s call.
Time now for getting frisky
no, not with the whisky.
Our winter torpor begin to fall away
with each successive springlike day.
Milder days make the spirit rise,
sunshine is a nice surprise.
We look ahead to the summer sun
so glad that now winter`s done.
First bits of green begin to show
as Nature starts the seasonal flow.
The gentle surge of each warmer day
makes us think of summer play.
We venture in to the garden to clear
all the debris from last year.
Getting ready to plant again
now that winter`s on the wane.
Getting rid of the old ready for new
and doing lots of pruning too.
Hoping Spring is finally here
and looking ahead to enjoying the year!!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Jennyrosemann. Felted House.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Sparrow Primitives. BeBon Design.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Nicky Louth Davies. Charmed Wood.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Craig Fellows. Birdtable.com.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Bella Bobbin. The playhouse company.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Wrapped in Style. Iron Profiles.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Handcrafted by Picto. Personal Space Interiors.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Court & Spark. Creative Stitching.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
MysticMoon. Uniquely Yours.

Hope you enjoyed todays gorgeous array of crafts all reminiscent of spring in one way or another. Do have a browse through the shops you never know what you`ll discover.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful collection! Get's me so excited for Spring is finally getting here-I hope to be sowing this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you always do a wonderful job with your selections, thank you for including my Plaque. I'm really enjoying this lovely weather and watching new growth in the gardens and fields.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joyful selection of items. I just took some pics of my blue hyacinth today, it's in full bloom and smells of Spring! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post :) i loved all the items you shared with us. And as always, I love it when people include poetry ^-^

    ReplyDelete