27/12/2011

Post Christmas Fun #Handmade #Folksy

So that`s it then! Christmas is officially over. Although as today is a Bank Holiday I suspect lots of folk will be continuing to celebrate. Then of course the next big one is New Year. I think lots of people look forward to it as a time to put the last year behind them and start afresh, especially if the year has been fraught with difficulty or sad events have occurred.
For those that have had a good year it is a time to think of building on past successes and looking forward to an even better year.
I think it is this period between Christmas and New Year that people tend to spend the most time reflecting on past events. Once New Years Eve is here, then we all start looking forward once more, which is just as it should be.
Yesterday was of course Boxing Day and for many, me included there were more celebrations. To me Christmas is an important time for connecting with those we love, especially family. It shouldn`t be fraught with difficulty or arguments, just pleasant and enjoying each others company. A time filled with enjoyment and lot`s of laughter.
So here I am waffling again, back to the point. I spent the morning baking, looking forward to another fun filled evening with good food, a few drinks and games to play. Nice to catch up with those you don`t see as often as you would like thanks to the busy lives we lead.
I even took a little time out and did some crochet in the afternoon for relaxation before everyone arrived.
I have had the most wonderful Christmas and hope all of you have had the same.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

Christmas was such a lot of fun
now it`s over, festivities done.
Time to sit back and wind down,
ooops, do I see a frown?
For those back at work, go slow,
just let the world flow
by and look forward to the New Year
when it`ll be time enough to get in gear.
I`ll think of you all slaving away
as my break passes day by day.
look back and reflect on the year past
until you can finally and at last
put it behind you and look ahead
leaving behind all that was done and said.
Are you off to the sales that are everywhere
or will you relax, maybe sit and stare
at the television and enjoy
the peace, maybe play with a new toy?
Whatever you do, enjoy and have fun
now that Christmas is done!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
OO Mostly. OOBags.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Handmade Egyptian Jewellery. Girl of the Sixties.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Eccentric Ella. Jcu designs.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
Made With Love. PollyKrafts.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
Leanne Woods Designs. Jools Yasities.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Aunty Joan Crafts. UniquelyYours.

Hope you enjoyed todays gorgeous display of crafts. Don`t forget that many will have sales or sale items, so it`s worth having a browse.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you again for including my work, this time it's my sparkly,crochet wristies.
    I love your crochet beanie hat - I've a feeling we may be needing warm, woolly hats as soon as this warm spell goes!
    Polly
    (PollyKrafts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finds and thank you again for featuring my necklace. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post and beautiful Folksy finds. Thanks so much for including my little diary:)

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete