19/11/2011

Self Indulgence #Handmade #Various

I was cheesed off yesterday with the struggle to find things on the `new and improved` Folksy site. I also heard that listing times have been cut in half and this after they put up the listing fees and percentage they take for each sale. I didn`t bother with the Etsy site for that reason, so maybe will consider it again.
Although on the plus side I did finally get my christmas cake done with some help from my 2 yr old grandson. We had a play first and then decided to go to the shop and then on to my house, just round the corner, to make the cake. He quite enjoyed trying to stir the mixture, I do it by hand the old fashioned way. He munched on dry fruit and then discovered he quite liked the taste of the mixture. By the time I was greasing the greaseproof paper I`d lined the big square tin with, he`d lost interest. By that time it was lunchtime anyway and back to his house again. Mainly because he had been up so early and would need a very short nap to keep him going.
I finished a hat, but it wasn`t quite what I wanted it to be. A peaked cap style but a little too full and slouchy for my daughter who it was intended for. So another is under way. I need to think of something to line the peak with so it stands out a bit, not sure what to use yet. Any suggestions welcome, but keep it clean.
Oooops I`ve run on a bit, so I`ll quickly tell you that today I am being self indulgent and putting things on here from my various shops and websites for you to have a look at. I am not inclined to go searching for things to display from Folksy as I have had enough of it for now, maybe tomorrow. Instead, as I often go days without including my own things because they don`t fit the themes I have decided today is all for mine. Well ours, as hubby makes some of the things for me.
There are lots of things that would make great gifts, so please don`t go off in disgust.
As usual, to see a bigger picture or a description, just click on the item to view it in the shop.
ENJOY!!!

I got in a bit of a strop
and was nearly ready to stop
making anything ever again.
Except, how would I stay sane?
I wouldn`t mind but they didn`t ask
for suggestions in this huge task.
Without us sellers there would be no site
then they`d be left in quite a plight
if we all left to go elsewhere,
where others were much more fair.
Now I`m tired of all this doom
and shaking off the feeligs of gloom.
Back to being positive now,
hands back upon the plough.
Metaphorically that is you know
cos crafting really does make me glow.
I create because I must and live
to craft so that I can give
you all unique creations just for you
because this is what I do.
I`m a bit of an odd bod you see,
but that`s because I am me!


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
A Turquoise Collar. The same collar with the matching Hat.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
An All In One Scarf and hat in Rainbow Bright colours. A Chunky Cream hat with Feathery Navy on the Ear and Neck Flap.
All from my Folksy Shop.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Racing Car Shelf. Personalised Fairy Castle Name Plaque.


SHOP NAME 1
Castle CoatPeg Rack.
From my Great Green Dreams website.
SHOP NAME 2
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
From my Not On The Highstreet shop. Great Green Trading Company.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Crocheted Cap Style Hat. A Scarflet/Collar that`s a bit different.


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
A Luxuriously Soft Scarf. A Rainbow Bright Beret.
From my WOW Thank You shop.
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
A Luxuriously Soft Hat and Scarf in Black & White.
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6
Hanwarmer/Muff. Festive Cafetiere Cosy.
From my Uniquely Yours website.

Hope you enjoyed todays array of winter warmers and novelty shelves, coatpegs and Name Plaques from us.
Thanks for visiting, please come back soon.

2 comments:

  1. I knew folksy was changing, but I hadn't realised the listing fees etc had gone up!

    Thanks for sharing the pictures by the way =] some lovely creations there.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't realised about the fees going up either! Pleased you got your Christmas cake done though.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete